Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajasekhar G   03 August 2021

Pay slip -Reg

Sir/ Madam,
I am a Government employee working in a autonomous organization. from last 8 months me along with all my fellow colleagues are not getting payslip. As we had already asked my authority regarding same, he replied that there is no provision to give payslip now and it is not mandatory. therefore, i request you to please give your suggestions/ any government circular number if available as i couldn't find anything on internet. thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

srishti jain   04 August 2021

According to the scenario you have mentioned,

If as an employee, you do not receive a payslip, I encourage you to talk to your employer.

If the employer does not provide the salary slip or a document evidencing the total salary paid to you, then he shall be violating Rule 26A and Rule 31 of the Income-tax Rules 1962. Non-issuance of Form 16 under 203 shall be liable for penalty at the rate of Rs 100 each day under Section 272A. Therefore, you may bring this fact to the notice of your company's Assessing Officer.

Payslips ensure that employees receive the correct pay and entitlements. It helps employers to keep accurate and complete records. It is to be given to an employee within one working day of payday, even if an employee is on leave. Payslips have to cover details of an employee’s pay for each pay period.

Hope it helps,

Regards,

Srishti

Rajasekhar G   23 August 2021

Thank you very much srishti ji....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register