LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Lionel Shiva   17 July 2021

Enrollment while doing LlM

My friend recently joined full-time LLM in Tirupati. He's in first year. he completed LLB in 2016.
can he do enrollment in AP bar council.

Learning

6 Replies

Kevin Moses Paul   18 July 2021

As per your query let me tell you,. that in order to enrol as an advocate an individual must have a bachelor degree in law (with minimum 50% in graduation), and such a degree should have been obtained from a college/university which has been recognised by the Bar Council of India.

However, the BCI states that a person shall not be allowed to practice as an advocate if either:-
1.) He/she is below 21 years of age, or
2.) He/she is 45 years or more by the time of enrolment with the State Bar Council (SBC).

After the above-mentioned points the one and only important aspect of being an advocate is requires graduation in law as a major criteria. Thus, if you're friend does not fall under the above-mentioned classification, then he is free to enroll himself as an advocate in any place across India, without any problem regardless of the fact that he's pursuing LL.M

Hope It Helps

Regards
Kevin M. Paul

Lionel Shiva   18 July 2021

for enrollment there's no age limit. what I want to know is while doing LLM can we enroll in state bar council?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 July 2021

I agree with expert Mr. Kavksatyanarayana but differ with Mr. Kevin M Paul qua percentage of marks as well as age of an advocate since there no such bar exist as on date. 

However, your friend should have got enrolled in his / her State Bar Council in terms of Section 24 of Advocates Act, 1961, which s/he has already read in his/ her LL.B. course

Lionel Shiva   18 July 2021

No my friend not enrolled with state bar council. he's doing LLM regular is going to enroll. can he enroll now while doing LLM course?

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     20 July 2021

Yes, he can / may get enrolled while pursuing LL.M.

1 Like

karaen maniar   21 October 2021

Hi , I am Jaraen maniar, I completed my LLB from London south bank university, London, in June 2020, I returned to India due to the pandemic, I couldn't enroll as an Advocate to the VCI as my university is a non regernised university by the BCI , as a tesult I toke admission in a two year LLM course which is online due to the pandemic in Raipur University, I will complete my LLM next year in 2022, but I live in Mumbai, I want to ask that is it possible for me to register as an Advocate after I complete my LLM or now, and which state bar council shall I register to as I live in Mumbai Maharashtra and am studying my LLM from Raipur university of law in distance due to COVID plus when can how can I apply for the JMFC exam as per my current situation, please guide me regarding this, I have tried everything but no one has a clue about it 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register