LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr T.A.Vasu (Retired Professor of surgery)     14 June 2021

Limitation

My wife's appeal is allowed in a criminal appeal (Prevention of Corruption Act) by the High Court on 10th June 2021. When can we be sure that there is no appeal (Considering the Covid situation) by Govt?

Learning

8 Replies

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     14 June 2021

Give more clarity on your query? 

1 Like

Kr Valobasa   14 June 2021

ami khulbo

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     15 June 2021

Appeal if not filed within limitation period , can be filed with delay condonation petition so it can not be certainly said about it's filing.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 June 2021

It all depends on the Counter/argument of the other party.   Once your advocate accepted to file an appeal, he might have considered that the appeal is filed within the limitation period and there are enough reasons for praying condonation of delay if any. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 June 2021

Originally posted by : Dr T.A.Vasu
My wife's appeal is allowed in a criminal appeal (Prevention of Corruption Act) by the High Court on 10th June 2021. When can we be sure that there is no appeal (Considering the Covid situation) by Govt?

Facts, as posted, lacks In which clarity. In which capacity your wife had preferred the appeal - as the accused or the victim? Please post complete facts.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     15 June 2021

Do not be overconfident and depend on limitations when the other party is Government.  There are cases in which they could convince HC for extension of such limitation period even for, more than 2 years.  Appeals by and for Government is larger public interest matters.   The corruption charge may not be taken leniently by HC. and HC is certain to consider Govt version for the delay.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 June 2021

If your wife's appeal was allowed by high court, then the government side may prefer an appeal against it before supreme court, hence you may first file a caveat petition before supreme court so that you will come to know if they prefer an appeal agaisnt the decision of the high court in this regard. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 June 2021

In my considered opinion, there could be more than one disadvantage in filing the caveat. Firstly, you would be waking up the prosecution to expedite their decision in filing the SLP. Secondly, it is not the routine that a SLP is admitted (i.e. the leave is granted); filing of the caveat renders the grant of leave a certainty.

Filing of the  SLP could be ascertained through e-court (https://main.sci.gov.in/case-status)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register