LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Paresh Rane   08 May 2021

Dv and divorce case

My wife have on her own left the house and had filed a DV case against me.Now finally she has told that she doesn't want to live with me for the reasons best known to her only and now she wants to file a mutual divorce case . Me and my lawyer asked her to withdraw the flase DV case against me and than we will for file mutual divorce .But she is denying it, she is telling that she will revoke the DV case only after the divorce.
What should I do now?

Learning

4 Replies

Yuvraj   08 May 2021

file a cross DV case against her behalf of your family member (mother /sister )

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 May 2021

Why do you succumb to the pressure tactics adopted by your wife for a mutual consent divorce / extortion of money from you ? 

Contest / defend the DV case filed against you through your lawyer.

What is the opinion, strategy and advise of your lawyer, proceed accordingly if you have faith in him / her, otherwise, change him / her immediately.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     09 May 2021

AGREE with above Experts.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 May 2021

She proposed for the mutual consent divorce, hence it is she who has to agree for the conditions set out by you.

However the withdrawal of DV case and filing of mutual consent case can happen on the same day, hence if you want the relief of divorce, you may be little flexible instead of being very rigid about it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register