Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit chaturvedi   06 May 2021

Verbal fight and threatening on call

hello members,

I need legal advice on a problem I am currently facing.

I was indulged in a verbal fight with a college mate, there were abuses from both the side, after which he threatened me of serious bodily injury, in return even I had threatened him of the same.

he then abused my faith after which I warned him of serious legal consequences (which actually was to scare him), now he has lodged an NC against me on a frivolous charge saying that I threatened him of murder just because he asked for an assignment. 

I have all the WhatsApp chats and call recordings available with me. what should my next step be? should I lodge an NC or an FIR against him? what would be the charges that I can press?

these are some that I researched on the internet that may be suitable in this case.

IPC 505, IPC 153 A, IPC 297, IPC 290, IPC 295A, IPC 506, IPC 503.

thankyou

Learning

7 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     06 May 2021

Hello,

You can lodge police complaint against college mate in local police station based on whatsapp chats and call recordings. Take help of local advocate and file complaint. 

Prashant Kumar Jha (Practicing Lawyer)     06 May 2021

yes you can file FIR 

Vinay Kumar Pathak Advocate   06 May 2021

Don't be wiser!! just state (in a written complaint to SHO and send copy to other senior officers) what happened police will see the rest!! there is no necessity of mentioning the sections or the language of the section necessary to constitute the offence. if you want to know for your knowledge, all the sections quoted by you are attracted to some extent in facts disclosed by you.   

Trivendra Sharma (Practicing Lawyer 9918411669)     06 May 2021

It is advisable to file complaint to SHO with copy of SP office.

In complaint state facts only, taking cognizance is police job. But copy to SP office shall support your case since beginning in my opinion. 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     06 May 2021

1. To enforce the mentioned sections of IPC, you will need to file Private Criminal Complaint against opposite person.

2. While filing NC /FIR, police notes only brief details and after investigations, police will decide upon filing charge sheet under the sections that they seem proper.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

Asgher Mahdi (Advocate & Legal Advisor)     06 May 2021

Better consult your parents thereby they may best helpful in this age.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     07 May 2021

What about the status of the complaint lodged against you ? is any enquiry had conducted

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register