Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

clat taker   30 April 2021

Legal notice

Respected Sir/Ma'am,
I am an advocate who is a 2020 graduate. I am enrolled in my state bar council and have provisional certificate of practice from my state bar council until I clear the AIBE. Now, I was supposed to give AIBE 16 but it got postponed so I still don't have a certificate of practice as such from the Bar Council of India. I do have a provisional certificate of practice from the state bar council till I clear AIBE. Given these circumstances, can I send legal notices in the capacity of an advocate on behalf of my client or would it be wrong to send a legal notice as an advocate without clearing AIBE?
Thanking my legal brethern in advance

Learning

8 Replies

Trivendra Kumar Sharma (Practicing Lawyer)     30 April 2021

Please mention date of your registration and count two years thereafter; your provisional registration is valid till that date irrespective of AIBE status, till than there is no bar on representation as Lawyer to my knowledge. 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     30 April 2021

AGREE with above Expert Advise.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal 
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     30 April 2021

yes i do agree 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 May 2021

You can send legal notice, no legal infirmity.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     01 May 2021

Yes you can!

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 May 2021

Yes, you can send the legal notice. As regards to the requirement of clearing the AIBE within a period of two years, the stipulation is observed more in its breach.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 May 2021

Since the AIBE examination is postponed due to current covid-19 reasons, you may not be able to give the said examination, however it is not your fault and it is beyond your control and inevitable.

The certificate of practice given to you enables you to practice law which includes issuing legal notice as a lawyer, you can proceed. 

jyothi K   15 November 2023

Can i send legal notice without clearing AIBE....Enrolled in2023

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register