Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P Jaya Vishnu   17 April 2021

caste certificate cancellation

Sir I really belong to the caste ‘ SATHATHA SRI
VAISHNAVA ‘which is a general caste in kerala but obc in Tamilnadu. My mother is from Tamilnadu and
father is from Kerala.
Basically my father and mother belong to same caste . My grandgrandfather mistakenly given the caste
as ‘NAIDU’ in my grandfather’s school record .So in my grandfather school record it is mentioned as
‘NAIDU’ which is general caste. So my grandfather mistakenly given the caste as ‘NAIDU KAVARA’ in
my father’s school records so caste is mentioned as ‘Naidu KAVARA ‘
Really such caste doesn’t exist only the existing caste is ‘Gavara Naidu’ which is general and ‘KAVARA’
which is a SC caste. So i tried to apply for sc certificate and i got it also. So now I belong to General category so I don’t want to claim the benefits of SC
category.
So i have applied for cancellation of caste certificate in Kerala but the officers told it is very difficult process and you need to face enquiry from sc department also.

Points to be noted:
i have submitted only the original documents and do not done any fraudlent means in it.

So my doubt is
1- will i have to go to jail?
2- will I get any punishment Or they will only cancel the certificate
And leave me?

Please any one help me

Learning

3 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     17 April 2021

Castes are relevant under the Indian Constitution only for reservations and other similar privileges. If you do not claim any such privilege, no action can be taken against you. Do not worry at all. If you had applied for  conversion to general category preserve those papers.

P Jaya Vishnu   17 April 2021

sir I have not gained any benefit

I also applied for cancellation of my sc certificate

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     17 April 2021

You obtained a General category certificate.  so don't use the reservation in the future.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register