Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Sharma (owner)     08 April 2021

Do we have civil rights during pandemic?

We the common people are getting fined for not wearing masks in public places. But as per the RTI reply as attached.

and document here: https://www.mohfw.gov.in/pdf/Useofmaskbypublic.pdf

Central Government clearly mentions that healthy people need no to wear a face mask.
Also, various state governments are using PCR test reports as a kind of Passport to travel in-out of state.

My question is :

Q 1: By what laws in India a state government force a FACE MASK on citizens against their will. Is it not against my right to breathe?
Q 2: By what law in India State government can use a medical test to hold citizens from traveling in a free country?
Q3: By what law in India any State government can do a random test against the will of a free citizen in a free country? Is it not against basic human rights and against the Nuremberg code of medical ethics?

Thanks for your help 

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     09 April 2021

The date of such notification was not mentioned.  You might have learned of Delhi High Court Judgment stating that even a person traveling in his own car has to wear a mask, and the orders need not be passed only by collector alone, and Collector can delegate these powers of enforcing such restrictions to his subordinates.  If anyone is alone at home, there are no restrictions and when an individual comes to a public place, the orders prevail.   personal Liberty ends at the tip of the nose.

Sankaranarayanan (Advocate)     09 April 2021

i do stand with expert Mr.Prasad  suggestion .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register