LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kolkata advocate (Advocate)     07 April 2021

Legal heir not getting access to father property

One of the legal heirs is been prevented from accessing father' s property after the demise of his father. Elder brother has locked the door and flew away. So isn't that a crime? Under what section of IPC he can be charged for criminal offense? How the criminal procedure can be started against him? Or what remedy the younger brother has to enter the house?

Learning

4 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     07 April 2021

Hello,

Other legal heirs can file suit for partition in the civil court. As per my opinion, criminal action against the elder brother is not possible as it is a civil dispute. 

1 Like

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     08 April 2021

I do not think it attracts Criminal Law.  The legal heir may consult a competent and reliable Lawyer and get a legal notice issued to the person preventing him from accessing the father's property, seeking partition of the property.

1 Like

Kolkata advocate (Advocate)     08 April 2021

Can he w

Originally posted by : SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900
Hello,

Other legal heirs can file suit for partition in the civil court. As per my opinion, criminal action against the elder brother is not possible as it is a civil dispute. 

Can he wrongfully restrain other heir to enter the property? Doesn't it amount to IPC 339

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 April 2021

A litigant always wants remedy.  Focus on permanent remedy as police may not involve themselves in civil issues.  The property is not in your name, and the brother is a Trustee, and you can only exercise your rights and remedy through Civil litigation only.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register