LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mayuri Patidar   03 April 2021

limitation act 1963

I have a property that cames to me during the partition, but it is registered in the name of my elder brother, the property has been in his name for 10 years.
According to the Limitation Act 1963, after 12 years, that property cannot be in my name?

Learning

7 Replies

Sanjay Narayandas (Advocate)     04 April 2021

This property that was registered under your brother's name, how was it acquired?

manoj   04 April 2021

I hope your query is vague. A co-sharer can transfer his undivided share but no possession can be handed over to the vendee. Even if you sell the property without the consent of the other co-owner the vendee can claim the possession through partition only. Without the consent of the other co-sharers if you transfer the possession that possession cannot be recognized as legal possession. If you want I will provide Judgment.

V E MANOJ KUMAR

HIGH COURT ADVOCATE

Mayuri Patidar   04 April 2021

that property was acquired by the inheritance.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 April 2021

"I have a property that came to me during the partition, but it is registered in the name of my elder brother, the property has been in his name for 10 years."

The first explanation required:  How property came to you in the partition was registered in the name of your brother, and who has registered such a document? and why you have remained silent.

Every registered document can only be canceled by order of the competent court through a competent court order only by filing a "declaration suit" in right time explaining legally valid explanations supported by documents.

Mayuri Patidar   04 April 2021

I got the point. thanks for the explanation.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 April 2021

Facts are vague and confusing.

Inherited property shall devolve equally amongst all surviving members of deceased ancestor. If there is any error that can be rectified.

Even then if one of them (surviving member) is adamant to retain entire inherited property file a suit for partition, possession and mesne profits through a local prudent lawyer. 

ashok kumar singh (Advocate)     05 April 2021

your query have no clarity

post you query with clear understanding, what you want to place before us for resolution, so far.

thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register