Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Suraj Kumar (Business)     12 March 2021

Grant land

Hello Sir, 

My concern is one of the land is granted to my grandfather by govt who was cultivating the land, the land which was granted is the self acquried property & has the rights to make a will on this grant land,

Please advise on this..

Learning

8 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     12 March 2021

No.  Your grandfather can enjoy the property till his alive. After him, you have to again apply for the grant of the land with the required documents.  Consult in District Collector's office concerned.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     13 March 2021

1.  By virtue of the "Govt. Grant of Land", which is for self-sustenance of the allottee, the allottee (Father) has irrefutable "Tenancy" rights, BUT does not become "Title Owner" of the Govt. granted Land.  Hence Father CANNOT Sell /Gift /Will /Mortgage /whatever .... this govt. land.

2. HOWEVER, "AFTER" demise of Father, the residual "Legal Heirs" of  Father, shall be legally entitled to continue "Tenancy /Occupancy" of the govt. granted land, for which proper application & procedures would have to be conducted in the Talati /Tahsil office, for record the names of such legal heirs on the 7x12 /revenue records.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT:  www.chshelpforum.com

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 March 2021

The answer to the pinpointed query is:  "Your grandfather can not treat the land granted by government as of his own and as  his self acquired and has no right to include the granted property in his will"  At the most even if he bequeaths the property, the claimant can only seek permission for fresh grant in his name.

Suraj Kumar (Business)     13 March 2021

Sir , 

As per the procedure my grand father as applied for the land from the tribunal court & paid all the stamp duties , later the land was alloted to my grand father...

All the legal formalities is made by grand father before 30 years. 

Thanks & please advise,

Regards,

Suraj

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     13 March 2021

Unless the conditions under which the land was "granted" to your Grand Father are studied, it is difficult to advise.

Was the land which you are terming as "granted" was given to your Grand Father after a legal dispute with anybody?

As per your further query, your Grand Father had paid stamp duty etc. When Government grants or allots the land where was the need or necessity of paying stamp duty? Full facts of the circumstances, mode, instrument and reason why your Grand Father had got the land is the key to the issue to give any further advice.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 March 2021

What were the terms of allotment? 

How the land was meant to be used?

Had he paid any occupancy price?

Had he made any improvement to the land?

What are the terms under which the land is held?

Is land is assessed to land revenue?

Please post complete facts.

1 Like

Suraj Kumar (Business)     09 February 2022

Hi Sir,

Father as made the payment to government treasury & will this land will be considered as self aquried property , as elder son left the family & released with unregisted released deed after which the land is granted to father, then as per the release father made will after some years to 2 sons, now elder son is not claiming for partition suit in the civil court, please suggest me on this,

regards,

Suraj

P. Venu (Advocate)     16 February 2022

The facts are too confusing and disjointed that any meaningful suggestion is impossible.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register