LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Priyank Gagneja (Offset Printer)     04 March 2021

Transfer of property

I have bought an industrial Plot in Mohali Punjab from one person Ashok who was originally agreement holder to janta promoters and builder LTD (JLPL). The allotment was pending. The balance amount was paid by me to JLPL through bank. Ashok had given me sales deed, a GPA and a will which were registered. Now when I have received the allotment letter and I asked JLPL to get the property transferred in my name they are saying that I cannot have the property registered in my own name and the property registration would be done in name of Ashok first and then re-registered in some one’s name I may wish to (my wife or son). Pls help and guide. My query 1 can I transfer the property in my own name being a gpa holder? 2. Is it necessary to register the property in the name is Ashok first and then get it re-registered Ps : the property is rera registered and the allotment letter reads “Priyank (my name) GPA holder of Ashok”. The details goes to industrial department as per JLPL

Learning

1 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     04 March 2021

GPA does not make you a legal owner of the property. A WILL, registered or otherwise, does not have any validity till the demise of the testetor. Consult a praticing advocate in the matter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register