Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abinanthan Sundarajan   03 March 2021

Association irresposible

HI Team,

I live in a gated community, where my bike been theft. I raise a complaint with police, however I asked a CCTV footage with association and they said that they dont have footage and its not working for more than 3 monts. None of the owners were aware of this. Later next day, they confirmed- its working and I asked them to show, since I dont trust them. nothing happened. They replied in email that bike was not parked in the society. I am 100% sure that it would have captured that I went through entry gate & I asking for proof through which they came to this conclusion and association is reluctant to reply to emails and when we try to visit them or call them or wats app them, no response from them and they reluctant to help us. Even after paying hefty of money for maintenance, acknowledging the owner complaint and support them is something not happened. Is there a way I can legally challenge them.

Learning

1 Replies

175B083 Mahesh P S   04 March 2021

Hello,

Sorry to hear this, You should go to the police ASAP and let them know of this, the gated community is obligated to provide you the footage. You should lodge an F.I.R and let Police look into the matter.

The police can gain access to the footage instead of you. The perpetrator can be held for theft.

Section 382 of the Indian Penal Code:

Theft after preparation made for causing death, hurt or restraint in order to the committing of the theft. 

Whoever commits theft, having made preparation for causing death, or hurt, or restraint, or fear of death, or of hurt, or of restraint, to any person, in order to the committing of such theft, or in order to the effecting of his escape after the committing of such theft, or in order to the retaining of property taken by such theft, shall be punished with rigorous imprisonment for a term which may extend to ten years, and shall also be liable to fine.

Rest assured and have faith in the Police department you will get your bike back.

Thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register