LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhishek kumar   24 February 2021

against a bank

i am having a savings account in axis bank.due to some reasons i was unable to maintain the required balance of 25000.there fore after few days i noticed that the account was showing balance in negative....due to some issues i left the account and not use it anymore

after few years i found that the negative balance was around 1400 so i deposited the amount and thought to use it

hence after the deposit of 58000 it directly deducted the negative amount and after few days it again deducted 9000....after few days i visited the bank and the employee said that it was non account maintenance charge.....

*according to rbi guideline of 2014 banks are not allowed to show negative balance of non maintenance
*rbi has further some guidelines in respect to mab charges deduction infact it should be in a proper proportion

what should be my further steps.....shall i take a copy of balance deduction from bank and make a complain to rbi online portal or i shall now proceed with any step because it might be mine mistake

would thankful to you sir......for your advice

Learning

2 Replies

Advocate M.Bhadra   24 February 2021

File a complaint to the Banking Ombudsman in your region. You can also file a complaint case in District Consumer Forum for unfair trade practice.

Sudhakar Pise   24 February 2021

You have to maintain minimum balance in savings bank account as per guidelines of the Bank otherwise bank will charge for not maintaining minimum balance and bank will debit the charges even though there is no credit balance. This debit balance will be recovered when there is credit in the account. For bank's charges the account holders convey sanction while opening account. Hence it will not be beneficial to make complaint to RBI or any other authorities.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register