LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arjun S   28 January 2021

can I buyout notice period?

hi, I resigned from a company which has a notice period of 3 months. I had requested for a early relieve and it's now a month, I have not been relieved. I have offered them to buy out remaining notice period by paying 2 months salary. But my strong feeling is that they will reject that also. can a company still hold me like this even though I am ready to pay for the notice period?

Learning

4 Replies

Anitha Gutti (job)     28 January 2021

Hi, as you know employment is governed by the terms and conditions of the offer that you had already agreed while joining the company.  If such terms stipulated notice period before leaving the company, such notice period obligation is binding on you.  However, as you stated, you already put forth your offer to buy out such notice period, it is just an offer on your side and is the option you put forth before the management.  It is the management's discretion whether to accept your offer or go by with the terms of the employment till the replacement is done before the expiry of such notice period.  It is based on the management's requirement and its their choice.  But you can always make a request informing about your priorities with the management to consider.

Arjun S   29 January 2021

@Anitha Gutti : hi madam, can I talk about it personally?? I will pay for the consultation. I am a doctor. Actually I feel, when I resigned ,they were unsure about honouring their own contract. After few months of my joining, they are announced that ,they had offered company (actually it's medical college) to sell it to govt of kerala. And the decision was in kerala govt parliment to whether to buy it or not. (even times of india published it). I was sure they wouldn't have honoured the agreement if kerala govt had decided to buy. Since I do not belong to kerala, I feared for my job and accepted offer from other college and resigned here.

Anitha Gutti (job)     29 January 2021

reach me @ anitha.gutti@gmail.com

Arjun S   29 January 2021

there is some technical issue with this app. I cannot see the what's written in bottom because of ads.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register