Academic query

Good afternoon everyone, I'm a final year law at a University in Gurgaon student who has recently opted for Corporate Law in specialization. I wanted to know that if a student of final year is eligible to give AIBE (All India Bar Examination)? Another query is something that many people in my college say so, I want to know if it's necessary that a person working as a Lawyer in a corporate company needs to cancel his/her State Bar Enrolment?

Hello, thank you for your query.

To appear in the All India Bar Examination (AIBE), the candidate must be a graduate in law. Undergraduates are not allowed to take the exam. 

Rule 47 of Section VII of the BCI rules provides that an advocate shall not personally engage in any business. Under Rule 49 of the Bar Council of India Rules, an advocate shall not be a full-time employee of any person, government, firm, corporation, or concern and on taking up such employment, shall intimate such fact to the Bar Council concerned and shall cease to practice as long as he is in such employment.

Hope this helps you.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x