LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

S banerjee   19 January 2021

Crpc 125 effect on police clearance certificate

Can I get a Police clearance certificate from Deputy comissioner of Police if my CRPC 125(3) execution case is pending in magistrate court. Recently magistrate issued WPA against me for default in maintenance payment . Hence my query is can I apply for Police clearance certificate online with a warrant pending against me.

Learning

2 Replies

Nandini Warrier   19 January 2021

Good morning,

A police clearance certificate is a certificate that recognises any criminal records that an individual may have against their name and, gives a clearance certificate for any Indian, or foreign nationals who stay in the country for the purposes of working a professional job, or to move to another country without issues. If you have any on going case, or a warrant pending against you, you will have to settle the case, get a judgment from the court before you can apply for Police Clearance Certificate. You can ask the court for permission to grant you the police clearance certificate, and if the court agrees to provide you the same, the court will direct the police authorities to move on with the clearance certificate. It is under the court's discretion.

Hope this helped!

Regards,

Nandini

175B083 Mahesh P S   31 January 2021

Hello,

The Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is an official document issued to an individual by the Indian Police or an authorised Indian Government official. It identifies any criminal records that an individual may have against their name and provides a clearance certificate if such records are clear.

Kindly go through the article below for better understanding.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-police-clearance-certificate-13297.asp

Thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register