Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dibyakanti Modak   13 January 2021

House loan by Legal Heir

Hello Respected members,

My mother bought one house in 2003. My mother died in 2019 and had a house on her name. After her death I became the 100% owner of the property as my mother was divorces and recorded my name in the ROR from concerned land and land reforms office in West Bengal.

currently I am applying for a home improvement loan for which I need to mortgage the property to Bank. But now the bank is telling they can not approve the loan as the Sale deed is in her name. I argued that the ROR is in my name as the sole owner of the land and as no other successor is available so no partition also needed, but they are not agreeing on this and asking for any inherited this mortgage loan is not possible.

could you please help me is it valid what bank is saying? If not then how can I fight in this case to get approval?

Learning

2 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     14 January 2021

Apply to other bank.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     15 January 2021

The Bank would require clear title in the name of borrower, which you did not get it transferred in your name. Is there any will or any other document to prove your succession ? What is "ROR" mentioned by you?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register