LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha (Software Engineer)     22 December 2020

Small startup and gst, pan

I have started selling clothes online and I have fulfilled only one order yet. Since I am not a shopkeeper I don't have GST. I got to know that I have to apply for GST but I have one small doubt.

Do I have to get a PAN number on my business name or I can register GST on my personal name itself (as I don't have any PAN number on my business name)?

Since I have only sold one product and would be selling very few items, do I have to get a PAN on my business name?

I am unemployed and don't have any earning.

Learning

4 Replies

Khusboo Verma (assistant)     22 December 2020

Your personal pan no is enough for gst registration, for further information contact advocate Khusboo Verma @nelegalcorps

Gaurav sharma   22 December 2020

Hello,
You can have GST No. with your PAN as a proprietor no need to PAN of your business.
In GST your can select any trade name as desired for business.

Thanks.

Neha (Software Engineer)     24 December 2020

Thank You all for the replies. This portal and people are always very helpful.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 December 2020

Originally posted by : Neha
I have started selling clothes online and I have fulfilled only one order yet. Since I am not a shopkeeper I don't have GST. I got to know that I have to apply for GST but I have one small doubt.

Do I have to get a PAN number on my business name or I can register GST on my personal name itself (as I don't have any PAN number on my business name)?

Since I have only sold one product and would be selling very few items, do I have to get a PAN on my business name?

I am unemployed and don't have any earning.

You will have get GST, TIN and PAN registration.

It would be better to consult and engage a local prudent chartered accountant or taxation lawyer for appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register