LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PALVINDER SINGH MAAN (AP)     21 December 2020

Immediate resignation & joining - reg.

I am currently working in Academics as Faculty in a Self Financed College, as I am looking for opportunities in Govt. Sector (Sate/Central), I am applying various posts by obtaining proper NOC from current organisation. 

My Query is if I got selected in Govt Service in future, Can I submit Immediate Resignation (by mail etc.) and Join the new service as the govt. service require Immediate joining to avoid any court case on the interview result by any person.

Can I obtain releasing letter from previous organisation later after clearing my dues after joining the new organisation.

Kindly suggest a way to join immediately, after selection in Govt. service to avoid any litigation.  

Learning

2 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     22 December 2020

In such an event, you should keep informed.about the exigencies so as to avoid any cofrontaion.

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     22 December 2020

You are required to serve the notice period or to pay in lieu thereof in terms of your letter of appointment irrespective of whether you join a new employer in private or government sector.

However, if there is any exigency of work, you may request the current management to waive off your notice period as a special case. In my opinion, you may request for such consideration as it is not your right. Trying to settle the issue amicably with the management is the best option.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register