LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Misty Dobson   07 December 2020

Got scam by web developer

Hi, I was introduced to this web designer company in India by a co-worker. They were very responsive and helpful in the beginning, after we've given them $15k (the contract was agreed upon $20k) and saw very little effort being put in, we asked that they fix a lot of the bugs and glitches on them. After some time they still didn't fix the problem and have now completely stop any communication with us and disregarding our many attempts to contact them. I'm in the United States, what are my options? We've worked really hard for our money and saved it for our company and now it looks like we got scammed. I would really appreciate your expertise advices. Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

Deepak Rathore   07 December 2020

approach a good lawyer who can represent you in India and you can file a case for deficiency in providing services based on your contract terms and agreement.
1 Like

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     07 December 2020

Hello,

You can take legal action against the service providing company. Send legal notice and later file civil suit for damages against the company.

1 Like

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     09 December 2020

1. Appoint a local lawyer. E.g. if the company is based in Delhi, try to engage somebody from Delhi. This may helpful for all practical purposes but not mandatory.

2. Brief your lawyer and ask him to send a legal notice. 

3. Sue them in court. USD15000 is a decent amount even after considering the court fees and cost of lawyer. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register