Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sohail ahmed   18 November 2020

Npa asset

Hello Experts,

After my account became NPA, and after the NPA I deposited 50 lakh rupees to my NPA loan account. But bank has debited the same amount from my NPA account and credited to towards interest account. This seems to be very strange. Does the bank has the right to do it??...Has RBI permitted to do this to all banks PAN India. Or is this against the RBI guidelines???....Please elaborate here.

Regards,

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Vinay Mathur + 8447131770 (Advocate)     18 November 2020

Bank has a contract with you if you default the bank loan, the bank can deduct amount from your saving account or can refuse to give your fixed deposits as well.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     19 November 2020

From time immemorial a Banker is having a right of General lien, and banks invariably obtain such a letter (Generally Form. No.1) with loan documents.  Get copies of such documents and you can find such a clause in which you have asked the bank for such appropriation.  (Generally, a banker freeze the amount, issue notice and can appropriate 15 days after giving such adequate notice)

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     19 November 2020

When an account becomes NPA, as per RBI guidelines, doesn't debit interest to such loan account. However, interest is calculated and kept in a suspense account. When you paid the amount, bank debited the interest and recovered it. I don't find any violation of RBI norms.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register