LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

niranjan (civil practice)     07 November 2020

Legal software ownership once installed

whether use of legal soft ware can be stopped by installer-if not updated? niranjan

Learning

5 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 November 2020

What are the facts? What is the context?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 November 2020

Kindly go through the terms and conditions as you might have signed such a document on line.  Normally the software is in built and may not function after that contract date, and certainly, they must give advance notices frequently like other service and network providers.

Adv Vinay Mathur + 8447131770 (Advocate)     07 November 2020

If you have purchased the software then you can upgrade the software and manufacturer can't stop upgradation till expiry.
You first contact the support division and complaint to them if they don't support you can file complaint in consumer court.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     08 November 2020

Originally posted by : niranjan
whether use of legal soft ware can be stopped by installer-if not updated? niranjan

The installer has copyright of the software.

Seek permission of installer even if it is not updated. 

niranjan (civil practice)     08 November 2020

I am grateful for prudent replies. Several softwares are installed in my computer and I have been getting it updated by paying good amount, but as I have stopped practising I did not update them with the result that I could not access the software, so I have to request them to allow me access, and they did. But I was under impression that since I have paid full amount  at the time of installation and then updation charges every year, naturally I have paid good amount of the software during all these years, they may have copy right of the soft ware, but they cannot restrict my access.so I wanted to have guidance on this subject. At  the time of installation no contract was signed between us. I think this problem could have been faced by others also so if any brothers have any insight on this subject I requested tobe enlightened and guide me. thanks for support of other expert members of this great LCI platform.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register