LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Qtv Telugu   27 October 2020

498a and divorce questions

1 year back 498a complaint got settled with mutual divorce, in police station, with both parties agreement. But FIR not filed. Then applied for divorce and since that time we are not living together.

If that mutual divorce got suspended due to husband not interested on divorce.

Is there any possibility for 498a complaint again?, what is my action if my wife going for that false 498a case, like earlier using some political influence

Learning

4 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     27 October 2020

Originally posted by : Qtv Telugu
1 year back 498a complaint got settled with mutual divorce, in police station, with both parties agreement. But FIR not filed. Then applied for divorce and since that time we are not living together. If that mutual divorce got suspended due to husband not interested on divorce.  Is there any possibility for 498a complaint again?, what is my action if my wife going for that false 498a case, like earlier using some political influence

1.  It would be highly unwise for husband to continue with such marriage with such nefarious type of Wife who can file 498A and then withdraw and maybe file again.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     28 October 2020

The complaint u/s 498A IPC is stated to have been settled amicably before police, what is intention of lady (wife) in repeating the same after sometime, as stated you ?

In such circumstances she would be willing to go for mutual consent divorce and terminate the marriage.

What is opinion and advise of the lawyer engaged / paid by you, if it is a real story, which is prima facie a hypothetical and imaginary ?

Contact, consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for proper appreciation of facts/ documents, professional advise and necessary proceeding,

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 October 2020

When you are aware the perils of the situation, what prevents you from taking the divorcé proceedings to its logical conclusion?

1 Like

Manoj Chaudhary Advocate   03 November 2020

The complaint would have been closed by the police but since the agreement of divorce has not been fulfilled, she can revive her complaint before police. just because you did not live with her after complaint, you can not get benefit of this separation. better get rid of this situation. basically you missed a golden opportunity. god bless you.

Manoj Chaudhary Adv.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register