LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himanshu Goel (Professional)     08 October 2020

Tenant is not vacating the condemn property

I have a 30 years old property which is in very bad condition and nagar nigam has also declared it as condemn. Nagar nigam has also send the notice to tenant and local police station that the property is condemn. But the tenant is still not ready to vacate the property. I want to demolish and  reconstruct my property for my personal use. Please suggest me a legal but quick way so that I can vacate this property for my personal use.

Learning

4 Replies

naveenraj jain (proprietor)     09 October 2020

As a owner of the property you must also receive the notice from the nagar nigam. send a notice from your lawyer to the tenant to vacate immediately citing the notice of dilapidated condition of the building and also state that you will not be held responsible in case of any life threatening danger is caused to his life due to the condition of the building.

Himanshu Goel (Professional)     09 October 2020

Naveenraj,

I already send a vacation notice to the tenant about 1 year ago stating that property is condemn and I am not responsible for any loss but still tenant is not vacating. I also send a reminder notice to local police station that I am not responsible for any loss, there is no action from police. Please advice

P. Venu (Advocate)     09 October 2020

It appears that you are seeking short cuts to evict the tenant. It inevitable that the rights of the tenant cannot be brushed aside while reconstructing the building.

H.JanakiManohar Rao (lawyer)     12 October 2020

You give ur consent fr demolition to the nagar nigam duly taking action against the tenant as per their rules.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register