LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

RAJESH RAWAL   23 September 2020

how to evict daughter in law from self acquired property

my father wants to evict daughter in law from his self acquired property after the death of my brother which he gave to him in 2003 out of love and affection for living.

what is the procedure?
can he evict her with less legal complexity.

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     23 September 2020

As the property is the self-acquired property of your father, he can do it as he wishes.  No one can claim it.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     24 September 2020

Do not be in a hurry, as she is after all the family's daughter in law, lost her husband, and need support.  In what way and through what instrument, what rights were given to his son by your father in 2003 is important.  As the family is undivided, the responsibility of supporting the widow is with the elders of the joint family, and providing accommodation is fundamental.   Providing accommodation is different from making her the owner of the house.  The widow gets support from society and eviction is not that simple.  Difficult to provide guidance without studying the facts and the other side.   Contact a local advocate, as he is the ultimate man to stand by your side legally.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     24 September 2020

Originally posted by : RAJESH RAWAL
my father wants to evict daughter in law from his self acquired property after the death of my brother which he gave to him in 2003 out of love and affection for living.what is the procedure?can he evict her with less legal complexity.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY:  "can he evict her with less legal complexity"  ????

Apprehensively you must be assuming that Law is a joke !

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     24 September 2020

Originally posted by : RAJESH RAWAL
my father wants to evict daughter in law from his self acquired property after the death of my brother which he gave to him in 2003 out of love and affection for living .what is the procedure? can he evict her with less legal complexity.

Your father wants to evict his widow daughter-in-law from the property which was given to her in 2003, is it so ?

Your question is ",,,what is the procedure?"

Answer : Is it some coaching / tutorial site ?

Next question is, "can he evict her with less legal complexity."

Answer: It is a moot court topic for debate ?

What do you mean with your statement, "can he evict..." ??

Later you put the question,  "with less legal complexity"????

What is your interest, concern, intention and locus standi ?

P. Venu (Advocate)     24 September 2020

"..............which he gave to him in 2003 out of love and affection for living." How was the property 'given' to the deceased son?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register