LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Biswajit   13 September 2020

Upsc breaking dopt rules/oder, not displaying ranks/rankings

UPSC does not follow the DoPT order to disclose the Rank/Rankings of all the candidates appeared in final stage of recruitment process. 

DoPT, the repoting authority of UPSC , clearly declared in 2016 and again gave reminder in 2017 to all public recruiting agency including UPSC to disclosure of Ranks/Rankings of all the candidates appeared in the final stage recruitment. 

It is really surprised that UPSC intentionally does not disclose the rankings of the non recommended candidates. Huge numbers of candidates appearing every year but everybody overlooked  on this matter. 

DoPT OM is attached herewith as supporting documents.

How can we approach to higher authority to sort out this matter because this is really injustice and unfair to all the candidates who are not selected by appeared in the final stage of examination/selection process.

Learning

12 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     13 September 2020

First File RTI Application to UPSC and seek simple information as to the specific reasons for UPSC not implementing the directives, (O&M of DOPT) and the number of times and such examinations in which they have not provided such rank list.   If they have uploaded such rank list under voluntary disclosure seek such link.

Also file similar application for DOPT and seek information on action taken by them for violations of UPSC in not implementing the directives issues through their O& M No....dt.

Equipped with that information file writ before High Court/Supreme Court seeking such directions for implementation of the O&M

1 Like

Respected  Sir, 

Thank you for your valuable reply. There are different sections like recruitment  through competitive examination( Civil service, Engg. Service etc) and recruitment through selection by interview / written test plus interview. Few section like engineering service provides Rank and marks on asking through RTI. But others denied  and sent fabricated list without rank column.  

Sir, please go through the DoPT OMS attached with the post wherein it clearly declared that Rank/rankings of all candidates who reached final stage i.e interview, should be displayed publically at portal.  

But you see UPSC never interested to publish Rank of the candidates in public disclosure.

Kindly share your whatsapp / mail , I can share you how upsc rank list prepared as well as maintained but never disclosed it to public , disobeying DOPT order as well as doing injustice to the candidates.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 September 2020

You can register a complaint in the Grievance Portal (https://dpg.gov.in/) and if no satisfactory response, judicial remedies could be in specific cases of grievance.

2 Like

Respected Sir,

Thank you for your valuable suggestions . Now I am already in central govt service. Can I make this type of complaint against the Govt/Govt authority??

This matter I posted for wellbeing of the candidates who are not selected in selection. Although there is Govt. / DoPT order , organization like UPSC /SSC bypassing those instructions and doing injustice to disclosure of information to public

mohan   13 September 2020

Good information

Respected Sir, 

I am sharing you the link how UPSC disclose candidates details without rankings/rank of the candidates at final stage.

Rank is most comprehensive merit indicator to ascertain merit/meritocracy position of a candidate in competitive examination like Civil service , engineering services etc.

But UPSC tactfully bypass to disclosure of Rank of all candidates appeared in final stage of recruitment.

Please once read the DoPT order I attached and then click the below link how UPSC bypassing DOPT

https://www.upsc.gov.in/examination/public-disclosure-of-scores-through-portal

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 September 2020

Originally posted by : Biswajit
Respected Sir,

Thank you for your valuable suggestions . Now I am already in central govt service. Can I make this type of complaint against the Govt/Govt authority??

This matter I posted for wellbeing of the candidates who are not selected in selection. Although there is Govt. / DoPT order , organization like UPSC /SSC bypassing those instructions and doing injustice to disclosure of information to public

Yes

Biswajit   16 September 2020

Respected Sudhir Sir,

I always admire you because of yours depth knowledge to Govt policies and always you keep yourself upto date with govt. administrative policies/rules/regulations.  I am thankful for your kind suggestion. 

I am really surprised that how organization like UPSC does not care about govt/DoPT orders . DoPT clearly gave instructions to all public recruiting agency that Rank and marks of all the candidates appeared in final stage of selection to be displayed publically through portal( see attached file). But UPSC always declared results without Rankings(see the mentioned link)

You can also understand that in Civil service examination the,  last recommended candidate of UR category will have like 300 and for category candidates it will be 2500 like that. 

Due yo unknown reason UPSC never disclosure Rank. but few sections of UPSC provides Rank on request of Ministry /Department or RTI application.

Thank you again I will try my best...

mohan   18 September 2020

Hope whole discussion provided an excellent clarification to all the members.

Biswajit   20 September 2020

DoPT confirmed that all the Ministries/Depertment/SSC/UPSC/RRB , all public recruiting agencies should follow the order and should display the Rank/Rankings of all the candidates appeared in the final stage of recruitment process.  The order was issued as per direction of our honourable Prime Minister's  declaration in 2016. But till date the PM order and DoPT oder is not  followed by the organisations.  I just surprised even after 4 years,  organization like UPSC /SSC disobeying govt orders and showing injustice to public and candidates who appeared in final stage (interview). God knows only the way of working of the public recruiting agencies.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 September 2020

did you represent ?             

mohan   25 September 2020

No Sir, Actually disclosure of the Rankings and score by UPSC, and all public recruiting agencies were advised by  govt/DOPT . It will help the non recommended  to get recruitment by PSU, other govt sector, Pvt sector.  But UPSC never followed the govt order as it is. The disclosure of the list will be in order of rankings but UPSC never followed it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register