LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mrs . Shanta Rani (Housewife)     28 August 2020

2 pan cards incorrectly received

I have been using a PAN no issued to me by IT dept since long.

Suddenly, without applying for another/new, I have received a new PAN number.

Now, my old number is also not visible on the IT portal and I can see the new number only. I have not linked any of the numbers with Aadhaar number, so far.

I wish to continue using my old number only as it has been submitted to various entities.

While I have sent reminders to IT dept with a request to deactivate the new number and allow me to continue with the old, I have not received any reply till date.

What should be my next course of action?

Learning

5 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     29 August 2020

Please log into your Income Tax page from where you file your IT Return every year. Verify with which PAN Number itis opening.

If it is opening with your old PAN Number (as PAN Number is your User ID), bring the matter to the notice to IT Authorities from that page itself, where you can seek their assistance.

If it is not opening with your old PAN Number, better you visit the Income Tax Office who is processing your IT Returns, seek a personal audience with the head of the Office and inform the facts so that they shall do the needful.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 August 2020

File this as a grievance in pgrms website of Ministry of Finance, Income come tax dept  and seek reasons for changing the card without your request.  A misrepresentation/fraud can not be ruled out.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     30 August 2020

File a writ of mandamus in High Court.

Divya jain   21 November 2022

Income Tax Notice issued by Income tax department in India and you can check all the <a href="https://cadivya.com/"  >income tax notice online</a> on the website, visit now.

York Damon   28 December 2022

You can lodge a complaint about the card change in the pgrms website of the Ministry of word hurdle Finance, Income come tax department. It's possible that there was some sort of deception involved. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register