LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yoga Rajan   22 August 2020

phone bill as evidence for extramarital affair

my wife is staying with my inlaws and is speaking to his boyfriend daily and I have obtained her phone bill which shows the number and no. of hours she is talking.
can I use the phone bill as evidence for getting custody of my 3.5 year old son? under electronic evidence act.

Learning

5 Replies

K Rajasekharan (Advocate)     22 August 2020

Child custody is decided by the court only on the basis of the welfare of the child.

That the mother is talking to her boyfriend for longer hours is not a matter to be considered while taking a decision on child custody.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 August 2020

I agree with expert opinion and advise of Mr. K Rajasekharan, custody of minor has no concern with chatting of .your wife with her boyfriend.

Can you prove her extra-marital  affair through alleged long chats ? However, long phone chatting is no crime. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 August 2020

Are you a subscriber of that connection?  If the bill is not in your name, getting such bill in your name brings problems to you and also to service provider.   Thus you are not getting any edge but purchasing more problems with such bills.

Yoga Rajan   23 August 2020

her number is attached to myjio app .that's how I got her detail. she aborted her second pregnancy without my consent. what are my options?

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 August 2020

Why you are posting facts in piece-meal. Please post complete facts bringing out the real issue, if any.

Moreover, it is not necessary that the person your wife is in contact is not be a boy friend  and a mere telephonic contact need not amount to or constitute extra-marital affair.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register