Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hemanth Karamthot   22 August 2020

Does Section 304A affect my government employability prospects?

A couple of months back I met with an accident where two bikes have collided with each other. Since I was wearing a helmet, I sustained minor injuries but the other person who was riding the other bike couldn't survive the accident as he didn't wear a helmet. The police have filed sections IPC 304A, 279, 337 and 338 against me. These are criminal charges but they doesn't involve moral turpitude.

Recently, I am selected for a Central Government job as a Central Excise Inspector (GST Inspector). The case is still pending in a court.

My questions are as follow
1). The fact that these criminal charges are pending against me, even though they don't involve moral turpitude, is a bar for my entry into government services? I have contacted several lawyers and they gave me different answers. A few of them said that my job will be put on hold till I am proven innocent by the court. A few of them said since this accident case doesn't involve moral turpitude, it won't affect my case.
2). What does the law says regarding the connection between accident cases and the government job?
3). Is it anywhere mentioned in the official documents or has any high court or the supreme court specifically said that those cases which don't fall under "moral turpitude" category won't affect the government job prospects?
4). I have to submit the self-attestation form to the employer by the end of this month in which i have to mention I have a case pending against me. If j employer (in this case the GST department) says that it will put my job on hold, then what shall I do?

Thank you.

Learning

1 Replies

Hemanth Karamthot   22 August 2020

So.. There is no way that I will be given this job then?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register