LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajat Mathur   05 August 2020

Epf amount not highlighting in current passbook

I am writing this tonthe experts here after having lost hopes from all ends. I initiated online PF transfer from my previous employer to current and while the application was successful and also received message from PF office that amount credited to new account but it never happened. Passbook is not showing old amount even after 1 year. I have been following up with EPF officials since last 6 months, raised 2 grievances with them and every time they close the ticket saying forwarded to concerned depty for action. Raised an RTI also but no response to that either even after submitting 2 appeals. I am in need of money during these times and am struggling to get my own hard earned money. Please help as to what could be done in this regard.

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 August 2020

You may issue legal notice followed by a suit for permanent and mandatory injunction, if you are governed by the provisions of Administrative Act, 1986.

It would be appropriate to visit the office of Commissioner PF and findout the problem.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 August 2020

This is a simple matter and you ought to have complained the matter in their online website or file grievance in pgrms on line website this grievance.   They might have credited this amount within a week on receiving such complaint/grievance.   If you have already resorted to such basic steps, now you may serve a notice under CP Act by Registered post, wait for a month and then file a consumer complaint seeking compensation for deficiency of service and harassment.

Notice dt.5th Aug,2020 under CP Act.

To

Commissioner,

PF....

I,...................................S/o............................aged....years, residing at......................................here in referred as 'Complainant' issue this notice under CP Act as follows.

1.The complainant is a subscriber/consumer with Account No...........................with .........................(EPF)

1.  Complainant has on....................................  initiated online PF transfer from his previous employer .......................................(No...........................)to current .............................(No............)and while the application was successful and also received a message from PF office that amount credited to new account.  The copy of this message was pasted on back of this notice.

2. The copy of the latest pass book as on date was also pasted on the back of this notice.

3. It can be seen that the amount which was transferred on.....................was still not credited in the account till date and there is a delay of...........months which is the deficiency of service.

4. This resulted in several hardships during COVID 19 and the complainant was subjected to untold suffering due to harassment by the EPF.

This notice is being issued for crediting the amount with interest within one week from date of receipt of this notice, failing which the complainant will be constrained to seek redressal from a proper forum for a refund of such amount with interest and compensation for harassment and deficiency of service.

Complainant.

Rajat Mathur   05 August 2020

Thanks a lot for your reply and guidance. Since March 2020 I have filed 2 online grievances with them and they did not respond for more than a month. When I sent then mail marking EPF commissioner and also Labour ministry they responded saying case transferred to appropriate department and marked it as Disposed off. They say due to vivid they are working in limited capacity but this is an issue since May 2019 that time it was not covid situation. Previous employer was registered with EPF Bangalore and they have provided all timely assistance and help it's mumbai EPF officer where current employer is registered not at all looking in to this issue and they did not even replied to my RTI query that I filed 2 months back. I submitted 2 nd appeal to RTI and it's been 1 month no response to that either. 

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 August 2020

The suggestion is for giving a Notice under CP Act and you may copy and paste these efforts as Point No.4  and give present Point No.4 as 5.  You have not given this notice, and hence a simple suggestion to fill in the blanks, copy and paste it as a complaint to all concerned through the website.

Rajat Mathur   06 September 2020

Thanks a lot Sir. I really appreciate your time and efforts spent on guiding me. The bangalore EPF office also sent a strong email to Mumbai EPF office but mumbai official still not acting on the complaint. I am now scared that there might be some scam involved here else why the mumbai EPF office will be so irresponsible. I am now sending the notice and will later file the complaint. Thanks for all your guidance. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register