Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Krishan Kumar (sr. compiler)     04 August 2020

Regarding promotion

Respected Sir,

I want to know that in my department Recruitment Rules for Group "A"  post is 75 % by promotion failing which by deputation including short-term contract; 25% by direct recruitment. 

1. The department created 175 temporary posts for the period of 5 years.  They have advertised 52 post on deputation basis in              spite of regular eligible employees are available for promotion. 

On the above mentioned RR, is it under rule, that 52 out of 175 temporary post kept for deputation. 

2.  Please guide me that the department promoted 133 employees.  In the seniority list the serial number 89 to 94, 102 to 107,

110,118,125,126,127,131 to 135 and 169, 170, 171 have been occupied by SC incumbent.

Sir, kindly guide me that out of 133 how many Scheduled Caste category employee will be considered for promotion, which serial number will be considered for promotion on their own merit. 

I shall be very thankful and highly obliged for your kind cooperation.

Learning

7 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 August 2020

You can request a friend/relative from a different station to file RTI Application to Public Information Officer and he can seek such information which is more authentic. Make correction in the following RTI to suit your requirements.

Application dt.4th Aug,2020, seeking information under RTI Act

Before: Public Information Officer,.................................,

Fee: Postal order No....for Rs.10/- with a request to fill payee's name

Applicant:......................

Subject on which information is being sought: Recruitment Rules for Group "A--Year...........

Information solicited: kindly provide information on recruitment process and selection that out of 133  -  Number of Scheduled Caste category employees will be considered for promotion, which serial number will be considered for promotion on their own merit

Applicant.

Thanks sir.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     04 August 2020

Be assured that you are not seeking any personal information, and personal information was well defined in various judgments/decisions.  Mere stating the number of vacancies available for filling the posts as per reservation/ as per merit does not amount to an invasion on the privacy of any citizens and in fact, it should be voluntarily disclosed. PIO can deny information under Sec.8 (1) and subsection with such justification.  Without justification, the denial amounts to malafide.  Even if PIO is over smart and denies information, you can go for first appeal within 30 days from such denial and later to the second appeal also.

Sir,

1. Actually I want to seek the guideline from worthy experts that as per RR the number of posts can be filled on deputation basis, where employees in the feeder cadre is available for promotion.

2. Total 133 promotions have been made. In the seniority list the serial number 89 to 94, 102 to 107, 110,118,125,126,127,131 to 135 and 169, 170, 171 have been occupied by SC incumbent. A total number of 20 SC employees were promoted out of 133. The employees working on serial number 169, 170, 171 have been left out.

Sir, I do not have proper idea about roster.

Sir, as per my version, the employees considered for promotion up to serial number 110 have been promoted by their own merit. In this way the department may have to be considered the Serial number 169, 170 and 171 also.

with regards 

Thanks sir

P. Venu (Advocate)     05 August 2020

Does the RR provide for  reservation in promotion and/or direct recruitment? If so, are all the SC/ST candidates in position covered by reservation?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 August 2020

reservation is generally not specified in RR

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register