LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

b B Raju   19 July 2020

enrollment

I have enrolled as an advocate in the year 2011 after my retirement from govt service. Since then I am silent without doing any practice due to my ill health. I came to understand that every lawyer has to renew his license after every 5 years. Is this applicable to me and is it necessary that I have to renew my enrollment. Anyone please suggest me in this regard. Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     19 July 2020

which states belonging you ?, as per the advocate act, no renewal of license,

but the advocate Id card only, expired every five years only.. but where you have enrolled as advocate 

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     19 July 2020

Originally posted by : b B Raju
I have enrolled as an advocate in the year 2011 after my retirement from govt service. Since then I am silent without doing any practice due to my ill health. I came to understand that every lawyer has to renew his license after every 5 years. Is this applicable to me and is it necessary that I have to renew my enrollment. Anyone please suggest me in this regard. Thanks

1. You are suggested to write to the area BAR Council to confirm your "Practicing Certificate" and request for any Forms as may be prescribed according to the rules of local BAR Council.

2. Technically, once enrolled, the Practice Certificate is valid perpetually, till revoked /terminated /resigned.

3. You are also suggested to do in-house drafting /counseling /consultancy /online services to remain active, professionally.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 July 2020

You may contact the Local  Bar Association. By the way, have you applied for the practice certificate?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register