LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

GS Productions   14 July 2020

Settlement agreement

Hello, I want to consult my case with you. I have taken some amount from some of my clients for visa purpose in Punjab. As it was not successful somehow and lost too much money in that matter, I paid some money back, but still some amount is pending. In the course of time I sold my house and everything that I had to return the money. But that was not enough and those guys started harassing me. I had to leave my house with my wife and old mother. I have been in touch with my clients via email and assured them return of amount when I get. They waited for some time and now due to lockdown the complete travel business is shut. I think it won’t be back to normal in a year or so. Now the clients have started harassing my relatives back in my city. I have always been nice and honest to them but they have now started Police proceedings against me as I heard from my relatives. Now what I want is to settle things with them, but in a legal way, so that I can come back to my city and those guys can’t harass me. I will pay their money back but not before next year. I would like to make a legal binding with them and pay them small amounts every month from next year onwards. I request you to suggest me how to go about it. If the lawyer can act on my behalf, I am ready to pay the fees for the whole process. Please let me know the steps that can be taken, as well as your fees for the whole process. Thanks, Gaurav

Learning

3 Replies

Sunayana Chhabra   15 July 2020

For this, either you should talk to your clients directly or you should engage a lawyer who will file an application in the mediation centre where your clients would be called and amicable settlement would be explored. Feel free to contact at sunayana122@gmail.com for further assistance.

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 July 2020

Whatever, the situation, no one is authorised to take law in their hands. If there is any threat violence, you are entited for the protection of law.

(Guest)
as you have mentioned, they have filed complaint against you, when you receive the summons or notice, try to settle at that point with a settlement agreement. if you have any proof of harassment against you, do file case/complaint against them, it ll act as leverage during settlement.
Let me know which state you are from at mishrasatyam6804@gmail.com

Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register