Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Need help regarding educational qualification for a railway job.

Hello Lawyers Club members. I have a request to all of you regarding an issue. I have two graduation degree. I don't want to disclose one of them because of some personal reasons. I have cleared a railway exam for an undergraduate post, where 12th pass is the eligibility criteria. If I hide one of my graduation degree, will it be considered as suppression of factual information? Do I have to face any problem later if I never claim about having that degree and never disclose it for any purpose? I will be glad to get your kind suggestions.

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Keches Shilwante (Partner @ Legal Biceps)     14 July 2020

The furnishing of false information or suppression of any vital factual information to employer may result in your dismissal.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     15 July 2020

Double graduation is an excellent qualification and if you have applied for a job where 12th class is the entry-level qualification, you can very well disclose that you are holding a Degree also. 

"...I don't want to disclose one of them because of some personal reasons..."

The above statement does not hold any water when it comes to disclosing your qualifications to your would-be employer. Please note that it is not a crime to apply a job to which you are overqualified. If you want the job, please join duly informing everything and be happy. Maybe in the future, there shall be an internal opening like a promotion where if you hold a degree, you get it quicker. Then you shall face a difficult position at which time.  Fair play is always better. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     15 July 2020

Generally, law judges any action on the basis of intentions, not mere facts. When you are hiding the reason for the non-disclosure of the qualification, it is impossible ti make any meaningful suggestion.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 July 2020

If I hide one of my graduation degree, will it be considered as suppression of factual information?

Ans. Yes.  You will not be able to getany promotion/deputation based on this qualification which you are hiding and noapplication will be forwarded to other department ion which you intend to use this qualification.

Please be clear with fact.  It is strange sopmeone hiding qualifcation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register