Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

flawlessking (programmer)     10 July 2020

is it official? tenant won't pay rent amid lockdown?

There are few articles here and there on internet about government asking landlord not to ask tenant for rent during lockdown for atleast 3 months.

My tenant( of commercial property) is denying to pay the rent on the basis of these articles and asking to waive off 3 months rent since March.

I know this isn't official or is it? What about the people who are solely dependent on such income for their livelihood?This Rent income acts as a pension for my parents.

This tenant of mine is very manipulative, ever since the property is given to him he doesnt pay on time with endless stories and now on top of that he is forcibly asking us to waive off rent, yes on humanitarian grounds we can reduce or defer the rent but can't waive off.

I don't a have registered agreement paper, but a proper stamp paper agreement for 2 years(started sep 2019)

I want to evict him, please help me to get rid of him.

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     10 July 2020

Originally posted by : flawlessking
There are few articles here and there on internet about government asking landlord not to ask tenant for rent during lockdown for atleast 3 months.My tenant( of commercial property) is denying to pay the rent on the basis of these articles and asking to waive off 3 months rent since March. I know this isn't official or is it? What about the people who are solely dependent on such income for their livelihood?This Rent income acts as a pension for my parents.This tenant of mine is very manipulative, ever since the property is given to him he doesnt pay on time with endless stories and now on top of that he is forcibly asking us to waive off rent, yes on humanitarian grounds we can reduce or defer the rent but can't waive off. I don't a have registered agreement paper, but a proper stamp paper agreement for 2 years(started sep 2019)I want to evict him, please help me to get rid of him.

@ flaw less king,

No such ruling have been passed by Court, can you post if you have any such judgment ?. 

You have posted variety of questions, some of them are:

flawlessking posted a new topic in Forum "is it official? tenant won't pay rent amid lockdown?"

flawlessking posted a new topic in Forum "is it official? tenant won't pay rent amid lockdown?"

flawlessking posted a new topic in Forum "Deal with Cousin - Money and trust." 

flawlessking posted a new topic in Forum "Money, Trust and Suicidal threats"

flawlessking posted a new topic in Forum "File a case against the borrower!" 

flawlessking posted a new topic in Forum "Asking for rent during lockdown" 

flawlessking posted a new topic in Forum "Father's acquired property LAW"   

More...    
Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/stream/selfstream.asp?member_id=259526

What is your problem ? 

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     10 July 2020

There is no such law or rule, it was only a suggestion. You had better consult with a practicing advocate in your own interest.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     10 July 2020

1.  As per a very recent SC judgment, Tenant's are NOT entitled to "Waive-Off" rent BUT are entitled to "Defer" the rent till conclude of Lock Down periods.

2. Landlord is NOT entitled to Evict Tenant till conclude of lock down period, for non payment of Rent amounts.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 July 2020

You can send a formal notice from you to the tenant for vacate the premises but after lackdown/karona episode period only

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 July 2020

Yes, all the instructions issued during the present lock-down are only advisory in nature. Constitutional and ordinary rights of the citizens cannot be taken away by mere executive decisions or notifications.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register