LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suman   05 July 2020

Reduction one step on Basic Pay with effect on pension

Respected sir, I am Manohar, Retired state government employee, In my last 2 years of service, I am suspended one year and in last one month of service they resume my duties and done Retirement, higher authorities impose Punishment "" Reduction of one step on Basic pay with effect on pension "" I was taking pension now but not full pension due to punishment.Now my question is
1) The Above said punishment is upto any specific years(ex: 7 years, 6 years)
2) Do I have any right to file against my higher authorities on honorable court.
I am requesting you to clarify my above question as early as possible..
Thanks in advance..

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 July 2020

Originally posted by : suman
Respected sir, I am Manohar, Retired state government employee, In my last 2 years of service, I am suspended one year and in last one month of service they resume my duties and done Retirement, higher authorities impose Punishment "" Reduction of one step on Basic pay with effect on pension "" I was taking pension now but not full pension due to punishment.Now my question is1) The Above said punishment is upto any specific years(ex: 7 years, 6 years) 2) Do I have any right to file against my higher authorities on honorable court. I am requesting you to clarify my above question as early as possible.. Thanks in advance..

You have stated that in the last month of service suspension was revoked, joined duties and retired with punishment of " Reduction of one step on Basic pay with effect on pension ", is it true / correct ?

Subsequently you have stated that, "...I was taking pension now but not full pension due to punishment...."   You have confused your averments as you were drawing pension or still in service/ in suspension, wherein you were allowed to rejoin, which one of the two statement is true and correct ??

Vague and confusing information.

Whether Suman (the author) and Manohar are one and the same person.?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 July 2020

given facts indicate :-

1.  suspension
  2. revokaction before retirement.
  3. penalty of reduction before retirement
  4. retirement during penalty period

So the epnsion will be calculated based on the last pay drawn.

You are not clear as to which decision you want to challange

whether

1. penalty: or
  2. calculation of pension baed on actual basic pay on retirement day

You have not even indicate the nature of allegations and the procedure adopted.

suman   06 July 2020

Thank you sir...

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 July 2020

What is the legal provision under which the punishment has been imposed? Had you been given a charge and due procedings conducted? If so, under which law (or rule)?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register