LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rich   04 July 2020

Fnf not paid after 1.5 yrs

Hi, I joined an organisation in Sep’18 and reaigned the organisation in Feb’19 because the company was not paying salary on time. When I decided to leave the org, I served 1 month notice issue and got relieved on 4th Mar’19. Did all my exit formalities. Post that I am trying to reach the HR of the company for my FNF. The HR shared my Feb’19 salary slip but didnt credit my salary. Then I got in touch with the CEO of the company, even he is dilly-dallying the situation. Its been 1.5 years now and I have still not got my salary. Now the CEO is asking me to share the business I got for the company as I worked in Sales dept. Please suggest what to do

Learning

5 Replies

Sunayana Chhabra   04 July 2020

You will have to file suit for recovery.

Rich   04 July 2020

Hi,

How can I file suit? And how soon can I expect recovery?

Thanks

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     05 July 2020

@ Rich,

File your claim before area Labour Commissioner after issuance of legal notice.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     05 July 2020

Do not expect miracles and treat the money as lost.  Still, go and meet the labor commissioner's office and show the payslip for Feb, 19 and show them the rejection or proof of not crediting the amount to your account.  As you have  received payslip but amount is not credited, hope they can do something.

Ritesh Maity (Labour Law Advocate)     06 July 2020

Originally posted by : Rich
Hi,

How can I file suit? And how soon can I expect recovery?

Thanks

In order to file a suit, it would be better to consult a lawyer. Unpaid salaries can be recovered through various forums under various Acts.

As mostly suggested above, you may approach labour Commissioner/ court to recover the same provided you are considered as a 'workman' under the Industrial Disputes Act and it depends on your nature of duties. You may also recover the dues under Shops & Establishment Act. However, better discuss the matter with a lawyer after disclosing your letter of appointment, resignation letter, acceptance etc. 

Timeframe for recovery cannot be predicted. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register