LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avantika Banerjee   01 July 2020

Divorce

my sister was granted divorce in lower court.but after the expiry of appeal period her ex husband filed an appeal to which her lawyer respond ed but the petitioner ha
s not appeared.he wants to linger the matter.my sister remarried after expiry of appeal period.kindly suggest

Learning

2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 July 2020

Originally posted by : Avantika Banerjee
my sister was granted divorce in lower court.but after the expiry of appeal period her ex husband filed an appeal to which her lawyer respond ed but the petitioner has not appeared.he wants to linger the matter.my sister remarried after expiry of appeal period.kindly suggest

Let her ex-husband may or may not appear in his petition it do not make any difference till the time his (ex-husband/appellant) counsel appears and attends proceedings. However, your sister has to contest the appeal through her lawyer.

After expiry of period for filing an appeal if your sister got married, it is valid and nothing to worry, advise her to enjoy her matrimonial obligations/ life and help her to settle down.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 July 2020

After statutory period the appeal may be filed  if it is accompanied by an application u/s 5 of the Limitation Act, 1963 for condonation of delay wherein delay is condoned by competent court and appeal shall be admitted, 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register