LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nikhil Babanrao (Job)     20 June 2020

Sawkar loan with 10%/ month interest

Hello Sir/ Mam I know this will sound stupid, if someone take amount of 10 lac rs from sawkar with 10% interest / month. But, my Father took it, for farming and to pay debt of other people. He is of 65 age now and was drown in this debt cycle from years. June 2017 he took these 10lac amount by giving black cheques.. till now, in 3 years, we paid around 30 lac rs to him in parts. Of course he took it via offline mode. No entry nowhere. He has big contacts too. Now we have loan on my salary, our house and everywhere and still he asking 20 to 30 lac rs. We are not in position to give him. So, he used those cheques putting amount which bounced and via District Lawyer, sent us NOTICE. Stating false dates. He had blank cheques now he is mis using also we can't give any money. I'm worried of my father health, due to this tension. Can anyone please guide me here.

Learning

2 Replies

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     20 June 2020

1. Inform the Court that opposite party is a illegal money lender.  Court will dismiss the cheque bounce case, against you.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

P. Venu (Advocate)     20 June 2020

Most of the States have law prohibiting the levy of  such exhorbitant rate of interest. If such a law is in force in your State, you father can initiate action accordingly.

Your father need to respond to such Notices, bringing all the facts on record.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register