LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharti (Advocate)     15 July 2008

Marriage Issue in case of Hindu Boy and Muslim Girl

Under what provisions of law a hindu boy (25) can make marriage with a muslim girl (21)? 

Learning

7 Replies

Aashish Sharma (Lawyer)     16 July 2008

Under Hindu Marriage Act, marriage can be solmenized among two hindus only and similaryly under Muslim Law marriage can be solmenized between two muslims. Personal law of Hindus or Muslims do not permit inter religion marriage. However to slove tht problem and to leaglise the marriage between two persons irrespective of thier religion, the legilature has passed The Special Marriage Act under which any male can marry any female irrespective of their religion and can get the marriage registered in the office of registrar of marriage. however there are certian conditons such as both the parties should be major and should not be related to each other within the prohibited degree of relations, none of the parties should be of unsound mind and none of them shall have a living spouce.

podicheti.srinivas (advocate/legal consultant)     16 July 2008

Its good to hear from our brother,inspite of the above if the boy and girl converts into one religion of their choice, as per customs of that religion ,and along with a certificate depicting conversion  of religion,and marriage is performed after conversion of religion,then you can get it registeredbefore a registrar of marriage and it is  valid.

sangram (service)     16 July 2008

Under Special Marriage Act, any boy and girl after attending the age of majority can solmnize marriage irrispective of there religion.

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     17 July 2008

They can get their marriage registered under Special Marriage Act, in case none of them want to change his/her religion. In case one of them change his/her religion then the marriage can be registered under his/her respective Marriage Acts.

Partha Pratim Ghosh (HR)     13 April 2015

Sir, I just want to know about the procedure of marriage,and what hurdles girl's father can create. I am a Hindu boy age 31+ years and I love a girl who is Muslim, her age 31+ years. we have 2 year of long relationship, we already got engagement (mangni) with together by interest of our both families but her family is forcing her to break this relationship with me, and showing threat. now please tell me what steps we can take. I would like to requesting you please help us, both we are established and working professional and not dependable on our family.

Sir, I just want to know about the procedure of marriage,and what hurdles girl's father can create. I am a Hindu boy age 31+ years and I love a girl who is Muslim, her age 31+ years. we have 2 year of long relationship, we already got engagement (mangni) with together by interest of our both families but her family is forcing her to break this relationship with me, and showing threat. now please tell me what steps we can take. I would like to requesting you please help us, both we are established and working professional and not dependable on our family.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register