LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rebellious boy   29 May 2020

correcting name and address in a death certificate

there is a correction in the name and address of my father in his death certificate. people from the municipal corporation are asking me for his leaving certificate which I don't have. what else I can do to get his name correct in the certificate. I'm having his pan card, adhar card, driving licence, bank statement and the rent agreement of the address where he died. kindly suggest me a way out I'll be grateful to you 🙏🙏🙏

Learning

6 Replies

Sinjari Bandyopadhyaya(Banerje (Lawyer 9830019661 Kolkata WB)     29 May 2020

Originally posted by : Rebellious boy
there is a correction in the name and address of my father in his death certificate. people from the municipal corporation are asking me for his leaving certificate which I don't have. what else I can do to get his name correct in the certificate. I'm having his pan card, adhar card, driving licence, bank statement and the rent agreement of the address where he died. kindly suggest me a way out I'll be grateful to you 🙏🙏🙏

Along with the xerox copies of the identity proofs and other relevant documents supporting your father's name and last resided address,you as the legal heir of your deceased father can make a Declaratory Affidavit before the First Class Magistrate praying for such rectification of error in the death certificate of your father by the Municipal Authorities and thereafter you will have to file that duly affirmed Declaratory Affidavit  before the Municipal Authority following the necessary procedural compliance.be it by filing certain Form or otherwise. 

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 May 2020

Yes. Agreed with the advise of Ms. Banerjee.

P. Venu (Advocate)     30 May 2020

What is the nature of correction to be carried out?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 May 2020

Before all that get a copy of laid down procedure  under RTI from Births and death Registrar and follow that laid down procedure.

Information solicited:

1. Please provide a copy of laid down procedure/order/notification/process that states for correction of ......................column in the death certificate.

Rebellious boy   30 May 2020

thank you so much ma'am

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     01 June 2020

Generally officials of MC do not do such grave error as stated by you. Subsequently when you have asked them to rectify the same, they are no one to ask for school leaving certificate.

However, if it is so, you should have filed a suit for declaration and mandatory injunction against the Municipal Corporation..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register