LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

upsc race   22 May 2020

Job opportunity after LLB

llb ke baad kis prakat ki job mil skti h. I m planning to pursue it.

Learning

1 Replies

Sampada Sharma   23 May 2020

If you are thinking to pursue Law , there are many job opportunities available like:-

1. JUDICIAL SERVICES - There are two ways to join judicial services i.e. first at lower judicial services and second is higher judicial services. In Lower judicial services fresh graduates can apply through an entrance exam condusted by state public service commission in states like UP, Rajasthan ,MP etc or High Court in delhi. Qualification required for this entrance exam are - a) the candidate must have a degree in LAW.  b) no experience is required, final year students can also apply.  c) the candidate should have enrolled or qualified to be enrolled as Advocate under Advocates' Act  1961. There is no fixed age limit for the candidate as it varies as per state rules but it is generally between 21 to 35 years. And for Higher Judicial Services lawyers with a prescribed experience can apply. This experience is different from state to state like in delhi it requires not less than 7 years of practise as a lawyer. And the candidate has not attained the age of 45 years can apply(delhi). The entrance exam pattern is same for both Lower and Higher judicial Services . There is a three level entrance exam i.e. Preliminary exam, Mains exam and then Personal Interview round. In the preliminary exam there is Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) format. The marks otained in preliminary are to be treated as the qualification to the mains exam. In the Mains the formt for the question is subjective and contains 2-3 papers. The marks obtained in mains are added to the final selection added with the marks of Personal Interview (if qualified in mains) which is based on the general interest and ability of the candidate.

The syllabus for the exam varied from state to state. but it is broadly divided into three areas i.e. Civil Law, Criminal Law and Language paper. The weightage given to language paper is about 20-35% . Mains contains 6-7 papers out of which 70% questions are from law.

2. UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) - It is a National Level Examination. In UPSC Civil Services Exam there are 3 levels i.e. Preliminary, Mains and Personal Interview. There is a paper in mains where one can elect the Law subject as optional paper which is helpful for the law graduates to qualify the exam. In UPSC also the preliminary contains objective questions (MCQ) , Mains exam is subjective with 9 exams out of which 2 are language exams, 2 are optional paper and rest is of general studies. Elighibility for this exam is a) the candidate must be the citizen of India or Nepal or a subject of Bhutan.  b) the age limit is 21 to 32 years.  c) the candidate must hold a bachelor's Degree from recognized university or the candidate in final year of graduation can also apply.

3. LITIGATION - Litigation is the most common area of profession to be chosen by the law graduates. Where they practise as a Advocate in Courts. For practising as an Advocate one has to be a Law Graduate and second he/she should have enrolled as an Advocate under Advocate' Act 1961. For enrollement under Advocates' Act 1961 the Law graduate has to qualify the Exam conducted by Bar Council of India (BCI) and then he/she can enroll himself/herslef under any state bar council to practise as an Advocate.

4. CORPORATE - There are a need of a Lawyer or a Legal Consultant in almost every Company to frame its Agreements or to advice them into the legal path for pursuing there work. The companies hire the lawyers to the job for them. 

5. MEDIATION -This is an emerging area of job for law graduates. Mediation is basically a process for settling Disputes without the intervention of Court.  The Third party i.e. Mediator is appointed who acts unbiasedly in directing the parties to mutually resolve their issues.In India there are two ways when mediation can work. First is when the court refer a case for mediation and second when a corporates or government appoint mediators to resolve their dispute through mediation. Mediators can be a retired judges of Supreme Court, HIgh Court or any other Court. Or Any Advoctae with atleast 15 years of experience at standing bar or any Advocate recognized by the institutions which are themsleves expert in mediation and recognized by High Court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register