LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jagadisan s wari (private business)     12 May 2020

Can my wife claim her father's property share

my father in law died after 2005. His earned property in Odisha. my father in law has three children . two sons and one daughter (my wife). my mother in law says her husband property belongs to her and his sons. Whether my wife have any rights to claim any small share in that property. It worth more than 25 lakhs now.

Learning

5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     12 May 2020

Hi,

Your wife is entitle for property of your father in law. Contact local advocate for further procedure.

Regards,

P. Venu (Advocate)     12 May 2020

Yes, your wife is entitled for an equal share in the late father's property. In fact, the property already vested in her jointly with her mother and the brothers. 

Shreya Saxena (Student at Faculty of Law Banasthali Vidyapith Rajasthan.)     12 May 2020

Hello Sir,

Your wife is completely entitled to her father's property as a coparcener. you can contact a local legal counsel for a more elaborate answer on this issue wherein, they can provide with all the details and the technicalities as well. For further explanations, you can read: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/the-right-to-coparcenary-property-of-daughters-settled-yet-unsettled--9098.asp

Regards

Shreya

Deekshitulu.V.S.R (B.Sc, B.L)     12 May 2020

It is two ways.

if the property is self acquired property, and the death is intestate, then your wiufe is entitled her share

If the property in ancestral and the death of your father in law is after 2005, then also the same fate, with a marginal diffrerence of shares.

pankaj verma   12 May 2020

yes.... there is her name in legal heirs certificate of ur father in law ...9816374011

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register