LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shrushtik   06 May 2020

Society maintenance charges

I have a flat in a metro n a apartment. I have rented the same Now society is charging 1.5 times of AMC CHARES in comparison to the flat which are self occupied. Please what is legal aspect to this ? Can society charges extra for the flat which rented then the one flat which are self occupied My society management charges MAINTENANCE CHARGES of 1.5 times to normal times for my flat which is

Learning

4 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     06 May 2020

Shrushtik!

With regardsto the non-occupancy charges, as per bye lawys of the Co-op. Society. society cannt charge more than 10% of the monthly maintenance bill. 10%  charges is exclusive of the property tax, water charges, insurance premium which is not a service given by the society.

Charging 1.5 times of the monthly maintenance is overcharging. you may write to the society to re-look your charges and rectify their mistakes.

Regards

Adv. Rohit Dalmia

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 May 2020

The Registrar can be compared to the ‘friendly neighbourhood Spiderman’ that helps society and committee members when they are stuck in an imbroglio, prevents any wrongdoing by greedy middlemen, intervenes when the society is slacking in its duties and without the mask or the costume acts as the legally appointed supervisor who can be counted on for resolutions and redressals. 

shrushtik   06 May 2020

My flat is rented and society charges of 1.5 times then that the flat which are self occupied

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     06 May 2020

Hello,

Your society is illegally charging 1.5 times maintenance. It has to be 10% as non occupancy charges. You have to take legal action against society. You can send legal notice to society and afterwards you may approach co-op registrar and file complaint.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register