LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghav Arora   20 March 2020

Getting my ngo registered

I have a group of around 110 floating population that I have been running in Noida for around 10 months. 

Now I want to get it registered and start carrying out the work more actively as people have started joining us in a good magnitude and even companies have promised to help us if we get registered because that will help them with tax benefits. 

The NGO is about cleaning places and planting trees there so that people do not litter again.

The name is Lethal Gleans (Instagram) in case someone wants to have a look. 

Question - 

Under which act should I get it registered? Some were of the opinion that if you get it registered you will have to do it full time and you cannot do anything and you are under full-time scrutiny. Why is that if so?

What documents do I have to prepare? 

How much is the cost?

Who do I have to visit? Basically the practical procedure?

Learning

9 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     20 March 2020

Just go to Registrar of societies and meet him, explain your field to him and the procedure is easy and simple.  Registrar can give competent guidance.

SIRIUS GROUP (B.Sc., M B A( Hr), B L)     20 March 2020

1. Purpose of Registration?

2. Activity of yours

3. Individual or Group of like minded people

4. Colloection of donotion from public?

Purpose - Tree plantation and conservation of urban environment.

Activity - Planting Trees, Cleaning places, Making eco-bricks, Segregation of waste and sending it for treatment, Making specific eco-systems, etc

Group of 110 like-minded people. (Floating)

We collect through social media platforms and self fund ourselves as well within the group.

1. FIRST REGISTER WITH SRO. ( 1 OR 4 mEMBERS)

2. APPLY FOR PAN CARD

3. OPEN BANK ACCOUINT

4. AFTER GETTING PAN CARD APPLY 12AA ON INCOME TAX

5. AFTER GETTING 12AA APPLY FOR 80G ON INCOME TAX

Thank you so much Sirius Group. 

How much time and money does this take? 

And is there any legal stipulation on how much one has to work as the founder of an NGO? 

And what if this year our accounts only have 40 to 50 k to show cumulatively in all accounts? Does one still have to file ITR and everything?

How much time and money does this take? 

FOR SRO REGISTRATION : 

DRAFTING OF DEED                    : CONTACT NEAREST CA/ADVOCATE( FOR FEES)

REGISTRATION WITH SRO          : GOVT. REG. FEES + OTHERS

And is there any legal stipulation on how much one has to work as the founder of an NGO? 

NOTHING LIKE THAT

And what if this year our accounts only have 40 to 50 k to show cumulatively in all accounts? Does one still have to file ITR and everything?

FIRST REGISTER WITH SRO AND APPLY FOR PAN CARD. 

AFTER GETTING REGISTRATION WITH IT ONLY U HAVE FIL;E RETUN.( PLEASE CONTACT NEAREST CA/ ADVOCATE FOR FUTHER CLARIFICATION)

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 March 2020

Here are a few steps through which you can easily start an NGO in India:
  1. Decide the cause and mission of your NGO. ...
  2. Set up the board of Directors/members. ...
  3. Decide the name of your NGO. ...
  4. Memorandum – Articles of Incorporation/ Articles of Association. ...
  5. Get your NGO registered. ...
  6. Start getting funds. ...
  7. Get connected.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     23 March 2020

Starting an NGO requires more than just money. It requires hard work, determination, and a genuine desire to support others. To start and run an NGO is an almost similar process to run a company, but here you have to keep transparency. Moreover, here you have to work for the welfare of the society without expecting any profit.

Once all the documents are ready, and the required fee is submitted, you can get your NGO registered under any of these Acts-

• Societies Registration Act (In society, minimum seven members are required to be the members),
  • Indian Trusts Act (In Charitable Trust at least two people are required, there is no limit of maximum members)
  • Companies Act (A non-profit Company can be registered under section 8 of the Companies Act with the Registrar of Companies.)

Raghav Arora   23 March 2020

Thanks a lot, experts! 

I am up for hard work and everything and I am in love with environment conservation and related activities, but being a student, I can only devote my time on weekends. Do the authorities scrutinize NGOs on the basis of what amount of time are they devoting? 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register