Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

moon star   05 March 2020

does court orders matter or not? do they need decades to punish criminals?

in Nirbhaya case there's many times hanging of criminals delayed...
court found them guilty, gave punishment to them... but it was delayed thrice. why?
Why its taking so much time we all know that criminals are playing games with court and took it as a laughing matter now... can judge not give a proper judgement... do they have any pressure...if no then why delay till now....
do they need a decade to punish them?

Learning

3 Replies

Vinit Nair (Advocate Vinit Nai   05 March 2020

Death penalty can only be executed once all the legal remedies of the accused is extinguished. There are some other loopholes for the execution of the accused seperately for which the central government have filed a petition which is pending before the Hon'ble Supreme court which is kept on 23rd March for further hearing.
1 Like

Joy Bose   06 March 2020

Death Penalty is given in the "Rarest of the Rare Cases" in India. Indian judiciary has always been a believer of "Reformative theory Punishment". According to this, it is believed that every criminal can again become good and can be sent in the society. However, this "reformative" approach is now acting as a "curse" for the victims.
Nirbhaya case is just one of the thousands of rape cases in India. It just happened to catch the notice of the masses. There are thousands of nirbhayas who will never get justice due to this.

Regards,
Joy Bose

1 Like

moon star   06 March 2020

but this is still too much to take a decade to decide a criminal and punish them... is it not victims violation of rights... to get justice in time...(this is not a fundamental right but it should be) time taken more than enough in delivering justice is also a crime(in my opinion)... everyone knows they did wrong but still our judicial system is not able to punish them... so Hydrabad police did a right thing in order to get justice for that girl...
If this goes on like this and something like that happens to any girl or lady in future then no girl will trust courts for justice... they'll kill them on spot instead of waiting for decades to get justice...(its totally my personal opinion and i don't want it to happen with anyone... but our judicial system needs to change... because this heinous crime doesn't need any mercy and i don't think they will change and our society will approve to live with them...)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register