LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Francis Adams   18 February 2020

PF name change

My female relative is facing difficulty updating her full maiden name on her PF account. Her Pan and Aadhar cards bear her maiden name. Even her employer has updated her maiden name in their record. However, the PF Dept says they want an attested letter from her employer requesting this name change from married to maiden name. My relative had applied to her employer with her married name on her c.v. which was forwarded to the PF Dept. The employer is insisting that she produce a divorce certificate to the PF Dept & them to get this change. She is happily married and not divorced. Please advice. Thank you.🙏

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 February 2020

after her marriage, she add a surname or title, in these cases she has to required to fill in a prescribed form and submit it to the EPFO. If she change her surname in her bank records or office records, it is mandatory that she has to  make the same change in the EPF database. Along with the specific form to make the change, she required to provide a copy of the marriage certificate as well. However, if her name does not reflect in her bank account, there is no need to make the change in the EPF account. Her name recorded in the EPF database and the bank account through which she intend to withdraw her PF, should match.

1 Like

Thank you, Rama Chary Rachakonda. Baawunara Sir. My female relative confirms she her bank a/c has her maiden full name. This is registered with pf dept.

She only wants PF dept to update her maiden full name instead of married surname. The PF dept is refusing to do this.

Please advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register