LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad Akotkar   23 January 2020

Student related query

I am a law student and simultaneously doing company secretary course.(CS)
Please tell me can a CS practice as a lawyer in District court or High court.

Learning

5 Replies

Sb Karma   24 January 2020

Originally posted by : Prasad Akotkar
I am a law student and simultaneously doing company secretary course.(CS)Please tell me can a CS practice as a lawyer in District court or High court.

No CS can NOT.

but if you have dual degree then you can.So first complete both course then you can even you are CS,but with valid LAW degree.

Rupin Dhama   25 January 2020

you can work as CS or as lawyer. you can't do both the practice on same time.

For Free legal advice or more information contact us on whatsapp 9999121211 or facebook on rupin.lawjunction@gmail.com or email us on info.lawjunction@gmail.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 January 2020

Where is your interest ?

Anukriti   28 January 2020

Hey sir

Please find the relevant provision below

168. Company Secretaries in practice not to engage in any other business or occupation

(1) A Company Secretary in practice shall not engage in any business or occupation other than the profession of Company Secretary unless it is permitted by a general or specific resolution of the Council.

Provided that a Company Secretary in practice who at the commencement of the Act was engaged in any business or occupation other than the profession of Company Secretary may continue to engage himself in such business or occupation for a period of six months from the commencement of these regulations.

(2) Without prejudice to the discretion vested in the Council in this behalf, a Company Secretary in practice may act as a secretary, trustee, executor, administrator, arbitrator, receiver, appraiser, valuer, internal auditor, management auditor, management consultant or as a representative on financial matters including taxation and may take up an appointment that may be made by the Central or any State Government, Court of Law, Labour Tribunals, or any other statutory authority.

Hope this helps!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register