LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rishabh Pandey   16 January 2020

Service Bond Query

I have joined a company a couple of months back. My probation period is for 6 months which includes my training time. But I want to leave the company. In the offer letter that I had submitted, it said that the company would be incurring training expenses towards me which would be ₹1,20,000. And it also said that I would be expected to serve a "commitment period" of 24 months. It further stated that if I leave before 12 months then full amount, between 12 to 18 months 50% of the amount and from 18 to 24 months 25% of the amount will have to be paid by me. Now, I want to leave the company. What are the legal implications in case I leave the job ?

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     16 January 2020

Open one to one discussions with the HRD, and take a decision by consulting any labour law practicing advocate.

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     16 January 2020

Dear sir,

You are bound by employment terms and conditions entered into by you. You may negotiate with employer for payment of amount.

Regards,

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     25 January 2020

As you have agreed to the conditions of the employment offer letter you may have to comply or abide by the conditions you have agreed to in this connection.

You have been notified in the agreement about the amount to be paid at different stages upon resigning the job, hence you may proceed accordingly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register